Dry

Monday, December 20, 2010

The last drink in your bottle
is just backwash from blurred years
Dry to the bones and it's a shame
you've never conquered your fears
Holding me too tightly
cause you're afraid to fade away
But my ears are done listening
and I have something to say

That prayer alone won't save you
while you sit awake at night
Those screams and curses won't make it okay
unless you put up a real fight
you're gonna fade into the ashes of
the life you could of had
If you don't stop wishing
for the things you can't have

That painted face of yours is washing away
I can see right through it
And sometimes your eyes give you away
Your heart is beating but you've never lived
You ask me to give a little more slack
but I'm running out of rope
It's time for you to give some back
and make some of your own hope

0 comments:

Post a Comment