Don't Forget About Me

Thursday, May 19, 2011

 You’re not too old for giddy smiles
You’re not too old to stay out all night
It’s fine by me if you wanna dance
In the moonlight,
With his arms brushing yours
I don’t care if he gives you that look
I don’t care if he tells you everything
It doesn’t hurt me if you wanna fall in love
And have a story before it ends
But don’t forget about me
I know it’s been awhile since you’ve felt this close
To happiness
And I know you’ve been alone
I tried to make it easier and I know it’s not enough
I want you to have love again
I want you to have dreams
But when his arms are around you
And his promises are a sweet taste in your mouth
Don’t forget about me
You say he strums his guitar like
He strums your heart
And you can’t get him off your mind
He sings a song that kills you softly
And the glow in your face says it all
But I’ve been falling apart myself,
Trying to pick up the loose ends
So when he holds your hand
And asks to take you away
Don’t forget about me

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful lyrics. That is a song for sure. Find someone to write the music and publish.

Post a Comment