Magician

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

There's a new seriousness about you,
a maturity in the set of your jaw line,
more depth in your fathomless eyes,
you move slow, wary, calculating the position
of everyone in the room
and when you look at me I am bared,
stripped down to skin and soul
A warm thrill coils in my belly
my cheeks heat blood red
and I feel like a woman
under the spell of a magician
whisper your incantation
and I will become hypnotized
by the crease in your elbows
when you wrap your arms around me
Your lips on my ear
forming their own conversation
and I reach out to you with my mind,
opening my face for you to read every word
etched into my eyes
displayed and splayed across your lap,
your murmurs barely audible over the sound
of my content,
I think you are a magician

0 comments:

Post a Comment