Making Picadillo

Monday, June 27, 2011

Tonight for dinner I thought I'd cook since I haven't cooked in a while here.  I've been so busy with the packing the most i've thought about dinner is a quick ham and cheese sandwich.  So I went online and found a Picadillo recipe.  http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/picadillo.html.  I began digging out the spices from the recesses of the cabinets and turning on our electric stove (which I dislike with a fiery passion).  Suddenly, I realized I was missing a main ingredient: MY APRON!
It was in the washer being cleansed of the last recipe I attempted.  So, my clothes would get a little messy, I powered on.  Cooking is a great way to clear the head.  With the Picadillo recipe i cooked the beef first in the pan, making sure there was no pink and then drained it in the colander.  then i mixed the onions, garlic, and all the spices into a little oil in the pan before re adding the meat.  In these moments of making sure the core of the meal is cooked through and perfect I thought of how in my life if my core, my soul is not cooked through it bleeds and my life becomes harder and depressive.  So I cook all the way through, set the meat aside, then mix the spices together that make me unique before re adding the meat into the mix.  Once it's all blended and the tortillas are heated up, it's the perfect recipe for the disasters of life

0 comments:

Post a Comment