Nightmare

Monday, January 3, 2011

 
Pulsing, fingers closed on my wrist
Proclaim me dead but I can feel my heart
I just can’t speak,
Can’t shout to the swarm of faces above
Me
And the molten bronze is being poured
Over the fire, boiling, steaming
It’s cold metal smell and I can
Taste it on my tongue
The stiff body of my deathmate
Touches my still warm skin,
Or is that the already hardened bronze
Encasing me, it’s cool touch
Fitting to the curves of my body
They don’t want me to decompose
Or they want to be able to see me as I was
I can already feel the worms,
The slime trails of the maggots
Feasting on my hands first
And there is no escape
While they nibble my fingertips,
Then to my knuckles and then my palm,
Tearing away my lifeline
As if I never existed
And none of it matters because
I can no longer breathe
And as my senses fade into blackness
The last things I see are
My eyes staring back like bright stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment