Daydreamer

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Call me Daydreamer
I am the one in the classroom
With the blank stare
And drool dripping down my chin
While my fingers twist
In my hair,
Braiding fantasies faster than
You can say Prince Charming
Better than your fireplaces
And Christmas trees
With shiny paper boxes
Perfectly placed under the
Painted frost
I have palaces and gowns
Of blue silk and glitter,
White horses pulling my carriage
While the servants bow low,
Each a particularly delicious brand
Of underwear model
Just in case I don’t find Prince Charming
During my dragon slaying adventures
Because here Prince Charming is a mystery
wrapped in dark brown and cinnamon
With a playful glint in his eye
And a passionate temper
He is a beast for me to tame with
A touch of my hand,
A caress of the lips,
And he will call me Daydreamer
Because I have created this world
As an island with palm trees
And ripe coconuts,
A beach of golden sand
And never ending stars
That dip down to meet the
Royal blue of the ocean
And the glistening white of the frothing waves
As they swell to the call of the moon
Here while you lecture me
About whatever reality considers important
Is where I lay with eyes closed,
Skin bare, dreaming because I,
I am the Daydreamer

0 comments:

Post a Comment