Woman

Thursday, April 7, 2011

I am the earth
with seas that swell forth
at the call of the moon
and break against black, gold, and diamond sands
My hands bear the labor
of your forward motion,
your footsteps have left
their marks on my dignity
My legs are the ones you
stand on to reach heights
you've only dared me to dream of,
and from my mind flowing to my lips,
chapped and bleeding,
have poured these dreams to be
snatched by your ears
You have paved your ideas
into my flesh and
filled ever crease and crevice with cement
You have clawed, broken, eaten, stretched,
desecrated, torn, slaughtered
every inch of my body to
reform me into something new
because in your eyes I was never good enough
I gave you seed to grow and
you stole it before it could bloom,
I bled for you, broke open and became raw, and
you never even muttered a thank you
so I pick up these glass pieces
of myself, heart and soul,
dripping with tears
and put them back together
and offer myself to you because
I am woman

0 comments:

Post a Comment